Hose testing & certification
Hose testing & certification
Your safety and that of you employees is paramount to us. As a renowned Canadian distributor of industrial hose for hydraulic and pneumatic applications, Hebdraulique has specialized equipment for hydrostatic pressure testing in accordance with current standards (MSHA, SAE, DIN, ISO, etc.).
Testing on low- and high-pressure hoses as well as tube and piping of any diameter are conducted by our technician whose training and certification are continually kept up to date. Our cutting-edge testing processes can simulate extreme operating conditions for machinery with operating pressures up to 15,000 PSI. We use a wide range of testing mediums.
« Our goal: to work with you in making your working environment safe, your equipment up to code, and your operations efficient! »
Hydrostatic testing on hose assemblies
We conduct hydrostatic tests to validate the capacity of a hydraulic or industrial hose to function without failure at pressures up to 20% above its operating pressure. Tests are conducted at a specified pressure and for a given interval of time. Test are recorded to validate the absence of any variation in pressure.
Moreover, our testing validates that the hose assembly is leak-proof and resistant to pressure, and that the fittings were correctly installed so as to make sure they will resist perfectly when in operation.
Why should you ask us to test your hose assemblies?
- Investigate what is causing repeat failures of your hose assemblies in operating conditions
- Validate quality and safety of your hose and rigid piping assemblies
- Validate reliability of your hydraulic system or equipment under pressure
- Validate that your assembly is leak-proof
- Ensure the safety of your work site
- Certify your equipment according to standards
- Maintain productivity by making sure your industrial machinery and pressurized equipment are in good working order
- Evaluate risks of leaks or failure of your hydraulic systems and equipments
Hebdraulique conducts up to 2,000 hydrostatic tests each year on more than 300 different types of hose assemblies. We are a key component of our customers’s safety and quality control processes.
Hydraulic equipment inspection
On request, our qualified technician can conduct an in-dept inspection of your installed hydraulic hoses, piping and systems. We can check every fitting and hose to identify damage. We inspect closely connection points, seals and joints to see if they are damaged or missing. We inspect the outer layer for any damage. If for any reason on the foregoing issues is identified, the hose can be removed and replaced.
With our inspection report in hand, you will be in position to set a clear intervention plan to correct any issues according to their priority and prevent equipment failures and work accidents.
Equipment certification and management
Our technician in charge of inspection will lead conformity inspection of your hydraulic equipment and hose assemblies in order to validate safety and standards conformity as well as to identify any preventive maintenance measures to be taken.
- Maintenance, inspection et certification of your equipment in our workshop or at your facilities
- Detailed record-keeping of any inspection, calibration or certification in accordance with standards and manufacturer’s specifications
- Procedures and steps to take to ensure that equipment is in conformity and good working order
- Identify possible solutions in order to make machinery and equipment safe and secure
- Reminders including a summary of equipment due for inspection
The Hebdraulique team’s experience and professionalism enabled us to build a solid reputation with our customers in matters of hose assembly inspection and certification.
Our qualified technician will:
- Validate conformity with your requirements for monitoring inspections
- Document results for any tests conducted
- Document any case of non-compliance
- Offer recommandations and assistance to correct any non-compliance and to meet up with standards (MSHA, SAE, DIN, etc.)